On the Web site, consumers can apply for and buy HSA-eligible health insurance plans and HSAs, which are available in 22 states (Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin), a press release announced.
Online offerings will also include, according to the release:
- information on both the benefits and limitations of HSAs
- specifics on qualifying health insurance plans,
- assistance with HSA applications
- tax and retirement savings calculators so participants can examine both the short- and long-term financial impact of HSAs
- details on what medical expenses qualify under HSAs.