A news release said that a survey by BackDRAFT, a writing training organization, also revealed a 10% – 25% spike in writing activities over the past five years in the Wholesale, Government, Business Services, and Transportation/Utilities sectors.
Other survey findings include that:
- Financial/Insurance employees spend over 36% of their workdays writing (up 6% from five years ago).
- Writing in the wholesale industry has increased 25% over five years, accounting for 24% of the overall workday.
- Writing in the government sector is up 18%, accounting for 37% of the workday.
- Business service professionals spend over 31% of their workday writing, up 16%.
- Transportation/Utilities writing has increased 12% over the past five years, now accounting for more than 21% of the workday.
“In the age of the Internet and email, professionals across all sectors are increasingly dependent on writing to communicate with customers, partners, employees and each other,” said Brian Hanington, CEO of BackDRAFT. “More than ever, an organization’s writing quality is reflective of its intelligence. Managers need to ensure that their workforces are adequately prepared to maximize the effectiveness of written communication.”
More information about the company is at http://www.backdraft.org/ .
« Katrina Zone Employers Helping Workers with Pay, other Aid